- Centauri Dreams looks at evidence that Ceres' Occator Crater, an apparent cryovolcano, may have been recently active.
- Crooked Timber's John Quiggin wonders what would have happened had Kerensky accepted the German Reichstag's proposal in 1917.
- Dangerous Minds looks at some fun that employees at a bookstore in France got up to with book covers.
- Cody Delistraty describes F. Scott Fitzgerald's utter failure to fit into Hollywood.
- A Fistful of Euros hosts Alex Harrowell's blog post taking a look at recent history from a perspective of rising populism.
- io9 reports on a proposal from the Chinese city of Lanzhou to set up a water pipeline connecting it to Siberia's Lake Baikal.
- Imageo notes a recent expedition by Norwegian scientists aiming at examining the winter ice.
- Strange Maps links to an amazing graphic mapping the lexical distances between Europe's languages.
- Window on Eurasia argues that Russia is on the verge of a new era of population decline, and shares a perhaps alarming perspective on the growth of Muslim populations in Russia.
- Base style: Librarian's Dream by
- Theme: Pigeon Blue by
Expand Cut Tags
No cut tags