I decided to walk at least part of the way home from an evening meditation session at Broadview and Danforth, over the Prince Edward Viaduct at twilight. I love this bridge, with its majestic arcs over the Don Valley below, and its colour-shifting Luminous Veil.
Jun. 12th, 2017
- blogTO describes the changing designs of TTC maps over the past generations.
- Cody Delistraty links to an article of his contrasting and comparing Donald Trump to Louis XIV.
- Marginal Revolution shares facts about Qatar in this time of its issues.
- Peter Rukavina describes the latest innovations in his homebrew blogging.
- Towleroad notes the sad anniversary of the Pulse massacre in Orlando.
- Window on Eurasia argues that there is still potent for Idel-Ural, a coalition of non-Russian minorities by the Volga.
- Yorkshire Ranter Alex Harrowell examines how Labour and the Tories made use of Big Data, and how Labour did much better.
- Orville Lloyd Douglas is critical of Black Lives Matter on Pride, calling it out for being self-appointed representatives of black Canadians.
- Alex McKeen writes in the Toronto Star about First Nations groups holding ongoing ceremonies in Queen's Park.
- Betsy Powell, also in the Star, notes new restrictions and licensing Toronto is set to impose on Airbnb locally.
- CBC notes that King Street is slated to become a street where transit, particularly streetcars, will have priority over other traffic.