- The Atlantic notes the chance that China might manage to supplant the United States under Trump as a guarantor of the world order.
- In an older article, The Atlantic noted Mexico's potential to be a spoiler for the United States. Being less wealthy and powerful than the US is not the same as not being wealthy and powerful.
- DW notes that there is the possibility of an entente between China and the EU, to sustain the multilateral order.
- Spiegel Online notes that the Turkey of Erdogan these days is starting to fall out with its NATO partners.
- Open Democracy argues the alienation of Europeans of Turkish background from liberal democracy has roots in Europe.
- Also at Open Democracy, Nick Mullens argues that negatively stereotyping Appalachians leads only to their doubling-down on coal.