- Language Log reports on the transliterations of "Trump" into Chinese and Chinese social networks.
- Marginal Revolution shares Jill Lepore's argument that modern dystopian fiction deals with submission to the worst, not resistance.
- At the NYRB Daily, Tim Flannery notes how Trump's withdrawal from Paris is bad for the environment and for the American economy.
- Peter Rukavina's photo of stormclouds over Charlottetown is eye-catching. (I have not heard of "dark off" myself.)
- Savage Minds announces a MOOC ANTH 101 course starting tomorrow.
- Window on Eurasia argues that Putin can afford to be aggressive because he is not constrained by Communist ideology.