- Anthony Easton at MacLean's writes in defense of Nickelback, one of Canada's most popular bands if not a critical darling.
- Also in MacLean's, Stephanie Carvin notes that the new foreign and military policies announced by the Canadian government could still fall short.
- Bloomberg View's Stephen L. Carter considers the idea of the just war through the lens of Wonder Woman.
- Nuclear energy, it seems, will be India's answer to global warming in the era of Trump.
- Qataris, Bloomberg notes, are trying to deal with their island country's state of siege.
- Airbus may pull its production plants from the United Kingdom unless the country keeps single market access.
- Refugees, Lynne Olson notes at National Geographic, helped save the United Kingdom during the Second World War.