- Crooked Timber enthuses over the remixing, or remastering, of arguably the Beatles' most iconic album.
- Far Outliers notes the Albanian language's alphabet struggles in the wider geopolitics of Albania.
- Joe. My. God. notes an American soccer player opted to quit rather than to wear a Pride jersey.
- Language Hat notes a new online atlas of Algonquian languages.
- The NYRB Daily argues that Theresa May's election defeat makes the fantasy of a hard Brexit, at least, that much less possible.
- Window on Eurasia notes Russia's concern at the dissipation of the prestige of its language and script its former empire, especially in Ukraine.