- Centauri Dreams looks at the complex prebiotic chemistry in the system of young triple IRAS 16293-2422.
- Language Hat looks at the central role played by Kyrgzystan writer Chinghiz Aitmatov in shaping Kyrgyz identity.
- The Map Room Blog shares Baltimore's new transit map.
- Steve Munro examines the Ford family's various issues with TTC streetcars.
- The Russian Demographics Blog reports on the latest UN Report on the Donbas and the conflict there.
- Window on Eurasia notes that the number of ethnic Russians in the former Soviet Union fallen sharply through demographic change including assimilation.