- The Globe and Mail describes a salvage archaeology operation in Cape Breton, on the receding shores of Louisbourg at Rochefort Point.
- Katie Ingram at MacLean's notes
- The National Observer reports on how Québec has effectively banned the oil and gas industry from operating on Anticosti Island.
- This La Presse article talks about letting, or not, the distant Iles-de-la-Madeleine keep their own Québec electoral riding notwithstanding their small population.
- Will the Bloc Québécois go the way of the Créditistes and other Québec regional protest movements? Éric Grenier considers at CBC.
- The National Post describes the remarkable improvement of the Québec economy in recent years, in absolute and relative terms. Québec a have?
- Francine Pelletier argues Québec fears for the future have to do with a sense of particular vulnerability.