- Dangerous Minds points readers to Cindy Sherman's Instagram account. ("_cindysherman_", if you are interested.)
- Language Hat takes note of a rare early 20th century Judaeo-Urdu manuscript.
- Language Log lists some of the many, many words and phrases banned from Internet usage in China.
- The argument made at Lawyers, Guns and Money about Trump's many cognitive defects is frightening. How can he be president?
- The LRB Blog <"a href="https://www.lrb.co.uk/blog/2017/
08/03/lynsey-hanley/labour-and- traditional-voters/">notes that many traditional Labour voters, contra fears, are in fact willing to vote for non-ethnocratic policies.
- The NYR Daily describes a book of photos with companion essays by Teju Cole that I like.
- Of course, as Roads and Kingdom notes, there is such a thing as pho craft beer in Vietnam.
- Peter Rukavina notes
- Towleroad notes a love duet between Kele Okereke and Olly Alexander.
- The Volokh Conspiracy seems unconvinced by the charges against Kronos programmer Marcus Hutchins.