- Scott Wheeler writes about past eminences of Toronto, people like Conn Smythe and Raymond Massey.
- Joanna Slater writes in The Globe and Mail about the symbolism of Confederate--and other--statuary in Richmond, former capital of the South.
- Reuters reports on a Vietnamese businessman abducted by his country from the streets of Berlin. Germany is unhappy.
- Jeremiah Ross argues at VICE that very high levels of tourism in New York City are displacing native-born residents.
- Looking to protests most recently in Barcelona, Elle Hunt in The Guardian looks at ways to make mass tourism more affordable for destinations.