- Centauri Dreams looks at two brown dwarf pairs, nearby Luhman 16 and eclipsing binary WD1202-024.
- D-Brief notes a study suggesting panspermia would be easy in the compact TRAPPIST-1 system.
- Far Outliers notes the shouted and remarkably long-range vocal telegraph of early 20th century Albania.
- Language Hat links to a fascinating blog post noting the survival of African Latin in late medieval Tunisia.
- The LRB Blog notes the observations of an Englishman in Northern Ireland that, after the DUP's rise, locals are glad other Britons are paying attention.
- Marginal Revolution notes a study suggesting that refugees in the US end up paying more in taxes than they receive in benefits.
- Spacing reviews a fascinating-sounding new book on the politics and architecture of new libraries.
- Understanding Society examines the mechanisms through which organizations can learn.
- Window on Eurasia talks about the progressive detachment of the east of the North Caucasus, at least, from wider Russia.