- The CBC u>notes the consensus that the new Ontario minimum wage will not hurt the economy, overall, but provide a mild boost.
- The Toronto Star notes that, from 2019, analog television broadcasts will start ramping down.
- The Toronto Star notes that high prices in Ontario's cottage country are causing the market to expand to new areas.
- Gizmodo reports on one study suggesting that Proxima Centauri b does have the potential to support Earth-like climates.
- Gizmodo notes one study speculating on the size of Mars' vanished oceans.
- Quartz reports on how one community in Alaska and one community in Louisiana are facing serious pressures from climate change and from the political reaction to said.
- CBC notes an oil platform leaving Newfoundland for the oceans.